Friday, January 15, 2010

Who am I?

You don't know me and I don't know you. :)

Let's keep it that way. :)

We really don't have a need to know each other personally.

No, I'm not being snobbish or standoffish, it's kind of a habit. Telephone 'enthusiasts' often times did not know each others' real names, even though they may have met in real life.

Let's just say that if we find each other we have a mutually beneficial relationship. I'll share with you what I know (or what I think I know) and you can enjoy it and share what you know with me and the others reading this blog.

I'm middle-aged now, lived in Omaha now for most of my adult life, and I've been fascinated with telephone systems, and Omaha's telephone system for decades.

I'm harmless! I haven't done anything illegal with the telephone system for countless years, long since any statutes of limitations have expired, and I don't intend to again.

I'm a techie by trade, and proud to say that I'm quite competent with either the keyboard or the soldering iron. I've worked in technology in one form or another ever since high school.

What inspired me to start this blog was when some casual web searching landed me on the Atlanta Telephone History web site.

( http://www.atlantatelephonehistory.info/)

Even though I can count my total days in Atlanta on both hands with fingers (well, one of them) left over, it was a very interesting read with a lot of trivia.

I just thought that it would be a good thing to put down some of what I know in writing, so others may enjoy and learn from it.

Anyway, I do hope you enjoy what I have written, and if you have, tell me so. Please leave a comment. I don't know everything, so please, if you have anything to add, anything to correct, etc., please feel free to leave a comment and share what you know with me and the viewers.

Thanks.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment